Become a Caregiver
Why become a Foster Caregiver?
Homes for Kids will provide you with all the training and support you need to become part of our family and a professional treatment foster parent. Homes For Kids prides itself in carefully matching foster children with the appropriate caregivers to ensure a healthy outcome for both parties.
Did you know there are approximately 34,000 children in the State of Ohio who have been emotionally, physically or sexually abused? Many of these children need temporary help from a treatment foster parent or permanent help from an adoptive parent.
Every child deserves a chance to grow and become the best that they can be. Wouldn't you like to offer that chance to a child in need?
Becoming a Treatment Foster Parent - is it right for you?
- Can you be flexible and accepting of a child?
- Can you provide a healthy family environment to a child?
- Can you provide guidance, behavior management and emotional support to a child?
- Can you make an everlasting impact on the life of a child?
Treatment foster parents provide food, clothing, shelter, love, stability, safety, security, guidance, discipline and structure.
What Qualifications are needed to be a Foster Caregiver?
- 21 years of age or older
- Have a strong support system to enable you to handle stress and crisis situations
- Single, couples or co-parents
- Residents of the State of Ohio
What Service does Homes for Kids, Inc. provide for Foster Caregivers?
Our foster caregivers are provided with 24/7 support, reimbursement, and the
skills necessary to impact a child's life.
- Reimbursement for daily care of a child ranging from $35 -$65/ day
- Reimbursement for attending trainings
- Placement bonus
- Paid respite and transportation services for the child
- 24 hour emergency support services
- Referral bonus for referring others to become foster parents
Interested in Becoming a Foster Caregiver?
Contact Karla Matig at (330) 544-8005 ext 414 or toll free (888) 245-3340 ext 414
or have your questions answered by using our